Project Abundance Organic Rainbow Chard Seeds
Known for its sweet and earthy taste and can be used in a variety of culinary creations. Used in a similar way to spinach, Chard is commonly used in stir-fries, soups, pastas, and much more. Picked with nutrients and minerals, chard can help regulate the blood sugar levels, increase blood circulation and oxygenation to essential organs, providing a boost for bone health, and increase brain function cognitive development and abilities.
· Direct sow Chard seeds outdoors from March to July
· Choose a weed free, sunny position in fertile, light, well drained soil.
· Sow the seeds 1/2 inch deep in rows spaced 18 inches apart.
· Germination should take 7-10 days depending on the weather conditions
· Once plants become established. Keep the Chard well watered with occasional fertiliser, thinning seedlings to 12 inches apart when they are large enough to handle.
· Your Chard leaves can be harvested throughout the year once the plant has formed its first few leaves and is around 6 inches in size. Usually within 45-60 days Harvest the outer leaves as needed.
· Organic mulch can help to retain moisture during hot weather and also provide nutrients throughout the season
Please Note…. We have tested our seeds for germination and are confident in the quality of our product. We cannot however guarantee germination due to too many variables, although following the steps above will greatly improve your chances. On a final note, we advise putting netting over your flowerbed to avoid the birds and other animals from stealing your seeds. Happy Growing!