Project Abundance Organic Carrot Seeds
· Direct sow carrot seeds outdoors 3 weeks before the last frost from February to July.
· Choose a weed free, sunny position in fertile, light, well drained soil.
· Sow your seeds sparingly 1/2 inch below the compost and dampen the soil. Don’t let the seed/seedling dry out although soil should remain damp not wet.
· Germination should take 14-21 days depending on the weather conditions.
· Once plants become established keep the well watered.
· Seedlings should be thinned out once the plants have formed their first few leaves. Harvest early as young and tender baby carrots or wait 10-12 weeks depending on your desired size.
Organic mulch can help to retain moisture during hot weather and also provide nutrients throughout the season.
Please Note…. We have tested our seeds for germination and are confident in the quality of our product. We cannot however guarantee germination due to too many variables, although following the steps above will greatly improve your chances. On a final note, we advise putting netting over your flowerbed to avoid the birds and other animals from stealing your seeds. Happy Growing!